FiiO UTWS5 Bluetooth Amplifier
- [As a bluetooth headphone amps]: Equipped with high-performance independent DAC and flagship Bluetooth chip QCC5141, you could connect it with your music player, your phone, PC through bluetooth function and get a HFi sound.
- [As a true wireless earbuds]: It supports aptX adaptive, not matter you are doing sports and fitness, or playing game and watching TV, or you are driving, or taking a meeting, or chatting with somebody, all of these situations, you would enjoy a clear and hi-res sound with high sensitivity and low latency.
- [Bluetooth 5.2]: Support for aptX adaptive allows you to listen to 96kHz/24-bit high-resolution audio all with lower latency. And aptX voice enables 32kHz super wideband voice calls for true high-definition calls over Bluetooth. PS:Bluetooth formats supported: SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX adaptive.
- [Third-gen TWS ]: For a greater compatibility with various Bluetooth devices, the UTWS5 earbuds hook utilized on Qualcomm's third-gen TWS Mirroring. It brings lower latency and more reliable connections.
- [30 hours total battery life]: The charging case not only has an enormous 800mAh battery that can provide up to 30 hours of battery life, but is also capable of wireless charging. PS:about 8 hours per charge, total battery life of 30 hours with the charging case good for 3-4 charges.
New Released True Wireless Bluetooth Amplifier --- FiiO UTWS5
Do not miss any points you should know
1. Choice of connectors: There are MMCX and 0.78mm 2 pins two versions for you to choose, it means it supports detachable earphones.
2. Wireless ear-hook design: Not only you could use it as a bluetooth headphone amp, but you could use it as wireless earbuds with your wired earphones, it is light and portable for a convenient HiFi experience you would get.
3. High-performance independent DAC: Comes ture a lower noise floor, higher SNR and output power.
4. Flagship Bluetooth chip QCC5141: Bluetooth 5.2 and supports aptX adaptive , to enjoy higher sensitivity and lower latency.
5. Third-gen TWS mode: More reliable connection, supports for more connections to multiple Bluetooth transmitters.
6. High-capacity charging case: 30 hours total battery life.
7. Wireless charging: be free from charging cables, replenish power anytime, anywhere.
8. Independent volume control: receiver volume is independent from transmitter volume, with 32 volume levels.
9. IPX4 water resistance
10.Charging port: USB Type-C & wireless charging
11.Output power: 33mW (32Ω), 53mW (16Ω)
Third-gen TWS mode
Qualcomm's third-gen TWS Mirroring as utilized on the UTWS5 bluetooth amplifier effectively reduces latency and instability for a better experience. Unlike TWS+, TWS Mirroring allows for seamless switching between being connected to the main and secondary ear units. This allows for a greater compatibility with various Bluetooth devices, all with lower latency and more reliable connections.
Flagship Qualcomm QCC5141
Third-gen TWS Mirroring
Truly unshackled wireless charging
The charging case not only has an enormous 800mAh battery that can provide up to 30 hours of battery life, but is also capable of wireless charging – for the ultimate convenience of true freedom from cables.
*The UTWS5 bluetooth amplifier has a battery life of about 8 hours per charge, total battery life of 30 hours with the charging case good for 3-4 charges.
IPX4 water resistance
No pressure from its light weight
Convenient and portable
Remarkably convenient apps
Through either the FiiO Control or FiiO Music apps, you can adjust channel balance and other audio options. Continued firmware updates pushed through the app, as well as updates to the app itself will ensure a stable user experience for years to come.
Remarkably convenient apps
More adjustable levels
Effectively reduces latency and instability
Lower latency and more reliability
FAQ for UTWS5 Bluetooth Amplifier
Q1:What kind of the earphones model in the market can be compatibled with UTWS5?
(1)For FiiO's brand:
If you chosed the 0.78mm 2pins version, then it compatible with all of our earphones also with 2 pins connector(for example: FiiO FD1/FH1S/EA3/EA1/JH3 etc...)
If you chosed the mmcx connector version, then it compatible with all of our earphones also with mmcx connector(like FiiO FD7/FD5/FD3PRO/FD3/FH9/FH7/FH5SPRO/FH5S/FH3/FA9/FA7S/FA7/FA1 etc...)
(2)For other brands:
First and most importantly, you need to confirm your earphone whether it is standard mmcx connector or 0.78mm 2 pins connector(depends on what connector of UTWS5 you had chosed), if it is standard mmcx connector or standard 0.78mm 2 pins connector, it should be compatible with our UTWS5. And you could ask the seller who you had bought or confirmed it by yourself, or before you placed the order you also could send message to us.
Q2:What can be done if the left and the right ear units are disconnected? And how to clear pairing?
(1) If there is only one channel that can be connected while the other is disconnected, it is suggested to clear pairing.
(2) How to clear pairing:
Keep the ear hooks inside the charging case. After opening the case lid, hold the multifunction button of the case for 12s. The ear hook will first turn off and then turn on when the left and right ear hooks will complete the pairing automatically. the middle of the indicator light flashing alternately in red and white means the UTWS5 is in pairing mode.
Q3:What shall be noted when we we use wirless charging?
When using wireless charging, try to place the UTWS5 charging case in the middle of the charging base. Support mobile phone reverse charging, the maximum power is 5W;
Wireless charging that supports Qi wireless charging protocol can charge the charging case of UTWS5.
Q4:What are the differences between TWM, TWS+ and TWS?
(1)Qualcomm's third-gen TWS Mirroring as utilized on the UTWS5 effectively reduces latency and instability for a better experience. Unlike TWS+, TWS Mirroring allows for seamless switching between being connected to the main and secondary ear units. This allows for a greater compatibility with various Bluetooth devices, all with lower latency and more reliable connections.
(2)Why does UTWS5 not distinguish primary and secondary eaphone when connecting to the mobile phone?
UTWS5 adopts TWM technology so that only the primary ear hook is shown connected to the mobile phone, while the secondary ear hook is automatically connected as a monitor, and the earphones connect to the mobile phone can be more smoothly. The ear hooks are able to seamlessly switch between the primary and secondary roles according to the usage environment. And you don't need to reconnect, which is convenient for single-ear usage and other scenarios.
Q5:What can be done if the UTWS5 cannot be powered on with an unresponsive indicator light?
For the first time use, please check whether the paster on the metal contact has been ripped off. Or whether the metal contacts are covered with dirt.
If it is not used for the first time, there is no response for the charging case and the indicator light keeps off, please follow the below steps.
1.Make sure both the charging case and earhooks have enough power. The indicator light will be on when the charging case is opened and when the earhooks is turned on. If not, charge the device in time.
2.Under normal circumstances, when the earhook is placed and charged in the charging case, the indicator light will be on. If it does not light up, earhook maybe run out of power. If the battery is broken, it needs to be sent back and repaired. Or it may be that the metal contacts are covered with dirt. At this time, it is recommended to use alcohol pads to wipe off the dirt on the contacts.
3. In normal use, it's suggested using alcohol pads to keep the metal contacts clean.
Q6:How to connect the UTWS5 to Bluetooth transmitting devices like mobile phones/players?
(1)Take mobile phones as an example. When the UTWS5 first starts pairing with a mobile phone, it needs to enter the pairing state when the indicator light of the charging case will flash white. In the mobile phone, enter the menus of Setting-> Bluetooth-> Click UTWS5 to complete the connection.
(2)There are 2 methods to make the UTWS5 enter pairing state
Method 1: Keep the UTWS5 inside the charging case. Long-press the multifunction button of the charging case for 3 seconds. The indicator light of the charging case flashing in red and white alternately means the UTWS5 is in pairing state.
Method 2: First connect the UTWS5 to Bluetooth device A. Turn off device A's Bluetooth or click Settings->Enter pairing state in the FiiO Music/Control App to connect the UTWS5 to Bluetooth device B.
|Model Name||UTWS5||Hardware solution||DAC: AK4332 Bluetooth：QCC5141|
|Color||Black||Volume Control||Button control|
|Weight||122g (Includes ear hooks)||Channel balance||L12~R12（0.5dB per level）|
|Charging Indicator||The white light on the earhook is always on and goes out when fully charged.||FiiO Control||Yes|
|Bluetooth（5.2）||AAC/SBC/aptX/atpX adaptive||Firmware upgrade||The Bluetooth version can be upgraded via OTA.|
|Power-saving shutdown||Automatic shutdown, and the time can be set in FiiO Music.||Low Battery Warning||Yes|
|Sampling Rate Supported Up to||96kHz-24bit||Recommended Headphone Impedance||16~100 Ω|
|Buttons and ports|
|Buttons||Physical buttons||Headphone output ports||MMCX/0.78mm Pins|
|Power Input||DC 5V 1A or more||Battery Capacity||Ear hooks：60mAh
|Charge Time||Ear hooks≤1.5h
|The charging case can charge the earhook: 4 times|
|Earphone output performance parameters (MMCX)|
|Output power 1||≥54mW（16Ω / THD+N＜1%)||Output Impedance||＜0.4Ω（32Ω）|
|Output power 2||≥33mW（32Ω /THD+N＜1%)||Channel Separation||≥86dB (1 kHz/32Ω)|
|Noise floor||＜2μV（dbA）||THD+N||＜0.002% (1 kHz/32Ω/dbA)|
|Frequency response||10Hz~41kHz (-3dB)||SNR||≥109dB (dbA)|
|Peak Output Voltage||＞2.9Vp-p|